Winter Lull

Go down

Winter Lull

Post  Mindi on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:23 pm

Seems like we are in that "lull" weather time where it just gets kinda boring. No snow, no storms, nothing to speak of. I wonder if we are done with snow for the winter season? If so, bring on spring!! I am ready for some active weather again!!
Mindi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter Lull

Post  weatherplus on Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:05 pm

I agree. It looks like below normal temps for the next month but then also below normal precip. Very very boring is what I call this time. I truley believe snow is over for the year, so bring on temps in the 60's and 70's and let's kick the current track of low pressures alittle more north so severe weather season can begin!!!

weatherplus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winer Lull

Post  Stormman on Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:04 pm

For now the pattern is calm, however there are several strong storm systems that are forecasted to enter the West but make a right hand turn towards the Gulf.... typical El Nino. However in the very long range oh say 276hr through 300hr there seems to be a system that could do many things, it could go further South and bring 0C down into play... thats the winter possibility. But it could go further North and bring much warmer temps to the area... thats the spring side. Now given that it's March 8th/9th timeframe who knows. I'm going with a further North track for now with winds backed out of the SE, upper air charts showing at least a 75kt to 80kt jet stream, slightly negative tilt. Of course nothing is certain this far out, but I like to wish cast.... especially when I have been patiently waiting for spring storm season in one of the coldest winters the Ozarks has seen in some time. It's time for warmer wx with an active wx pattern to go with it, I'm ready to gas up the vehicle and head West to Dodge City, Parsons, Medicine Lodge, Witchita, Enid, OK City... you get the point. BRING ON SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stormman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary_Monett on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:54 pm

I would really like to go storm chasing out in the plains some day. That would be a great thrill!
Gary_Monett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NixaDorothy on Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:50 pm

Gary and Stormman, I agree with you. I'm ready to get pumped up by severe storm season. Bring it on!

NixaDorothy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down