ARTIC OSCILLATION GOES NEGATIVE

Go down

ARTIC OSCILLATION GOES NEGATIVE

Post  skywarn82 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:23 am

GFS ENSEMBLES ARE SHOWING US IN A NEUTRAL A.O. INDEX RIGHT NOW BUT IT WILL GO NEGATIVE AT THE BEGINNING OF FEBUARY SO IT ALL GOES BACK TO SUPPORT FEBUARY BEING COLD ALSO OF INTEREST IS THAT INTERIOR ALSAKA IS -40 TO -50 DEGREES BELOW ZERO WITH SOME PLACE THERE CLOSE TO -60 WHICH IS THE COLDEST IT HAS BEEN THERE THIS WINTER AND IN SEVERAL YEARS SO GET READY OLD MAN WINTER WILL MAKE US PAY FOR THIS WARM WEATHER SO ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS!!!
SKYWARN82

skywarn82

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ARTIC OSCILLATION GOES NEGATIVE

Post  weloveourhailey on Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:06 pm

There appears there is going to be some blocking that is going to push the artic air to the east. I don't forsee much cold air here.

weloveourhailey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

OK

Post  Stormsfury on Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:00 pm

There is a regular poster on here who always seems to have an answer for everything that suggests cold. None of their posts have any substantiation or model support at all most of the time. I call this trolling. Hey if you want a warm winter move to Mexico or somewhere well south of here because I for one get tired of seeing you trolling others comments.

Stormsfury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NixaDorothy on Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:00 pm

Thank you, stormsfury. I agree that the comments that keep getting made are without merit. It's nice to have a positive attitude about the weather you would like to have happen, but to shoot down everyone else is just argumentative and not needed. We are all here to realistically discuss the weather and this is just wasted effort.

NixaDorothy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skywarn82 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:44 pm

I agree with you i don't want anyone to think that im not respectful to there opionion i respect everyones but at least when i say something i will have a model to show it just like i gav eeveryone yesterday on the el nino peaking in december so please no one think that im trying to be disrespectful thats not the purpose of the forum i just like to let everyone see what is fact!!!

Skywarn82

skywarn82

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormsfury on Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:49 pm

Tk you Dorothy and Skywarn for the support. I agree everybody is entitled to their opinion but what is being done here is just trying to create an argument for argument's sake. If you notice there is never a post from this person that is supportive or is backed up in any way. This same poster was on the old forum last year if I recall correctly and did the same thing. Plain trolling and there is no place here for that IMO.

Stormsfury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  weloveourhailey on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:46 pm

Feb avg snowfall for springfield. http://www.crh.noaa.gov/sgf/?n=snowfall_data 4 inches. Most winter storms come through in Jan. Only time will tell.

weloveourhailey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormsfury on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:30 pm

Another insignificant post. Didnt bother to state the fact that over half of our winters the past 50 yrs had most of its snowfall in Feb/March. I like our odds from here on out given the current setup.

http://www.hprcc.unl.edu/data/historical/index.php?state=mo&action=select_state&submit=Select+State

Stormsfury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  weloveourhailey on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:45 pm

With all due respect we are in southern Missouri we avg 4 inches of snow in Feb we will not be seeing blizzards this year. sorry

weloveourhailey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormman on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:54 pm

Some of biggest snowfalls have come in the months of Febuary, March and we have even had a major snowfall on Easter. El Nino has strengthened and the sub tropical jet has sprung into an active pattern that will last until June. My opinion only. An example of this can be taken back to the 2002-2003 El Nino season where the month of Febuary alone had 14 inches of the white stuff. Later in the spring May 4,2003 occured, all in all though we really don't know whats gonna happen, so lets all try to get along and let mother nature do her thing.Smile

Stormman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Breckenridge150 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:16 pm

Dear weloveourhailey...i remember you from last year and if i remember right everyone got into this argument last year as well because of you telling everyone that winter was over when it was the first week in jan. It is one thing if you are presenting actual facts that the rest of the winter is predicted to be well above average but in this case when the weather is expected to get much colder (as you posted that accuweather said) why go against what everyone is saying about the cold. There is over two months of winter left and we have plenty of chances to see big snow. With that being said, I, along with everyone else, will stop getting annoyed by your comments if you present facts to back up your opinion.

P.S Come June are you going to post on here that summer is over and winter is right around the corner?

Breckenridge150

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary_Monett on Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:23 pm

My suggestion to all is to reply to those posts in which you choose. Unlike in real life social settings, we have the ability to overlook posts made that do not appear to have merit. Responding to those posts only legitimizes the thoughts contained within them.

As far as the cold goes, it definitely looks like next week brings us back down to normal. We shall see if we get any more significant pushes of arctic air.
Gary_Monett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down