The rest of the winter!!!

Go down

The rest of the winter!!!

Post  skywarn82 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:18 pm

This is what i see may happen in the long range models as of right now im with kevin that a storm may develop and bring some severe t-storms to the area or near the area after that it looks to start turning cold again with a parade of storms moving through the southern states which is more of a pattern for el nino then as we head into Febuary the storminess will continue with cold air still in the area what is your thoughts on the long range!!!

Skywarn82

skywarn82

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The rest of Winter

Post  Stormman on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:47 pm

Honestly who knows. Winter isn't over that much i do know. I predict that the month of Febuary will be active, we may see a few big snow storms, and the way the last few winters have turned out, you can't rule out possibly an ice storm. Time will tell, lets focus on whats going on 10 to 12 days out for now though.Smile

Stormman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The rest of the winter!!!

Post  weloveourhailey on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:14 am

This mornings model runs are even warmer for Jan and Feb! I have a hunch that winter is about over! Spring will come the earliest it ever has this year!

weloveourhailey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  weather37 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:36 am

Model runs are model runs. They are just based off of climate for the long range. They are taking their best guess as of what will happen in the future. You can't start relying on them until about 3 or 4 days out. Just because they're pointing to warmer weather, doesn't mean it's going to happen. We will still have some more shots of seeing more winter storms. Who knows what will happen.

weather37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NixaDorothy on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:08 pm

For anyone to say that winter is about over is really an optimist. If you looked at the models last week, they were showing it going above freezing much sooner than it did. The problem with the models are, they don't account for snow pack or ice from the direction the wind is blowing. Until the model gets close to the weather maker, none of them are very accurate. That needs to be taken into consideration when looking at the models. The trends need to be looked at and not the specifics this far out.

NixaDorothy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down